- 1 [Politics/Política] mitad (feminine) del período de gobiernoMore example sentences
- The party of the president typically does not fare well in midterm elections.
- Republicans rule both chambers of Congress and the midterm elections are nearly two years into the future.
- In restoring undivided Republican control of the federal government, the 2002 midterm elections confirmed three current realities of American politics.
- 2 [Sch] [Univ] 2.1 (period) mitad (feminine) de un trimestre ( or semestre etc) 2.2(midterms plural)(exams) (American English/inglés norteamericano) exámenes (masculine plural) parcialesMore example sentences
- No additional midterms will be posted for this fall term.
- Take another look at meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercises, talking to a professional or any other stress release that works for you during midterms and exams.
- The point is that each of us has something we do to keep our minds off school, exams and the impending midterms.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Mexico, mañanitas is a short love song sung on someone's birthday, santo, or in honor of an important person. It is also a song that mariachis sing at dawn serenades mariachi. The music of the song is almost always the same, but the verses vary according to the subject matter.