Translation of midterm in Spanish:
- 1 (Politics)mitad (feminine) del período de gobiernoExample sentences
- The party of the president typically does not fare well in midterm elections.
- Republicans rule both chambers of Congress and the midterm elections are nearly two years into the future.
- In restoring undivided Republican control of the federal government, the 2002 midterm elections confirmed three current realities of American politics.
- 2 (School, University) 2.1 (period)mitad (feminine) de un trimestre ( or semestre etc)2.2also: midterms plural(exams) (American English)exámenes (masculine plural) parcialesExample sentences
- No additional midterms will be posted for this fall term.
- Take another look at meditation, yoga, deep breathing exercises, talking to a professional or any other stress release that works for you during midterms and exams.
- The point is that each of us has something we do to keep our minds off school, exams and the impending midterms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Cultural Note: midterms - midterm elections
En EEUU una serie de elecciones para la Cámara de Representantes → House of Representatives, celebradas en la mitad del mandato del Presidente.