Translation of mileage in Spanish:
- 1 (Motor Vehicles) 1.1 countable and uncountable (distance traveled)distancia (feminine) recorrida (en millas)
≈ kilometraje (masculine)(in aviation, etc) millaje (masculine)my average annual mileage is 10,000hago un promedio de 10.000 millas al añothis car has (a) high mileageeste coche ha hecho muchas millasit gives a good mileagees un coche económico
consume poca gasolinaExample sentences1.2 uncountable (charge)
tarifa (feminine) por millaExample sentences1.3 uncountable (allowance)
- A study by the AA found that women tend to drive shorter distances, have lower annual mileages and typically drive more slowly.
- The elegant blonde patrolled the showroom forecourt, pausing to point out low mileages and discuss engine capacity with a female customer.
- But when they were sold in December and October 2002 respectively, the mileages of both cars showed around 65,000 miles.
pago (masculine) por milla recorrida
- Later this year, it is probable that there will be a substantial increase in the travelling mileage rate from 38 cents to 60 cents.
- Unlimited first-class travel within the UK is permitted as well as a mileage rate of 57.7p per mile for parliamentary business.
- IT51 allows for the payment of motoring expenses through a flat-rate mileage allowance system.
- 2 uncountable (advantage, profit) there is perhaps some mileage in the planquizás el plan tenga posibilidadeshe made a lot of political mileage out of the affairle sacó mucho provecho or partido al asunto desde el punto de vista políticothey want to extract maximum mileage from the Pope's visitquieren explotar al máximo la visita del Papa
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.