- 1 [Cars/Automovilismo] 1.1 c and u (distance traveled) distancia (feminine) recorrida ([ en millas ]) ≈ kilometraje (masculine); (in aviation, etc) millaje (masculine) my average annual mileage is 10,000 hago un promedio de 10.000 millas al año this car has (a) high mileage este coche ha hecho muchas millas it gives a good mileage es un coche económico, consume poca gasolinaMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (charge) tarifa (feminine) por milla
More example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (allowance) pago (masculine) por milla recorrida
- A study by the AA found that women tend to drive shorter distances, have lower annual mileages and typically drive more slowly.
- The elegant blonde patrolled the showroom forecourt, pausing to point out low mileages and discuss engine capacity with a female customer.
- But when they were sold in December and October 2002 respectively, the mileages of both cars showed around 65,000 miles.
- Later this year, it is probable that there will be a substantial increase in the travelling mileage rate from 38 cents to 60 cents.
- Unlimited first-class travel within the UK is permitted as well as a mileage rate of 57.7p per mile for parliamentary business.
- IT51 allows for the payment of motoring expenses through a flat-rate mileage allowance system.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (advantage, profit) there is perhaps some mileage in the plan quizás el plan tenga posibilidades he made a lot of political mileage out of the affair le sacó mucho provecho or partido al asunto desde el punto de vista político they want to extract maximum mileage from the Pope's visit quieren explotar al máximo la visita del Papa
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.