Translation of milestone in Spanish:
- 1.1 (on road) mojón (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (significant event) hito (masculine), jalón (masculine)
- A granite marker stone or milestone is preserved in Breage church.
- Stuart now studies old Ordnance Survey maps, which mark the location of milestones with the letters MS, or MP for milepost.
- The French twin town presented Ingleton with a milestone setting out the distance between the two.
- Here are important milestones on the road leading up to the current situation.
- It is not easy but represents a positive milestone on the long road to recovery.
- Each of these are milestones on a road that's inexorably leading us into a one-way street from which there is no return.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.