- 1.1 (on road) mojón (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (significant event) hito (masculine), jalón (masculine)
More example sentences
- A granite marker stone or milestone is preserved in Breage church.
- Stuart now studies old Ordnance Survey maps, which mark the location of milestones with the letters MS, or MP for milepost.
- The French twin town presented Ingleton with a milestone setting out the distance between the two.
- Here are important milestones on the road leading up to the current situation.
- It is not easy but represents a positive milestone on the long road to recovery.
- Each of these are milestones on a road that's inexorably leading us into a one-way street from which there is no return.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.