Translation of milk in Spanish:
- 1 (of animal, human) goat's/sheep's milkleche de cabra/ovejait's no use crying over spilt milka lo hecho pechothe milk of human kindnesshe is not exactly flowing with the milk of human kindnessno es precisamente la encarnación de la bondad humana(before noun) (production/quotas/bottle)
de leche(product)milk churn (British English) milk cow milk jug milk (sauce)pan
lácteocacerola (feminine) para la leche
≈ hervidor (masculine)
extraer el veneno deExample sentences
- Wandering into a shed one evening, he found a couple dozen goats being milked by a mechanism run by a pump.
- He grew up on the couple's farm in Bugthorpe where he loved to help out feeding the animals and milking the cows.
- ‘Cows were milked by hand and milk was separated from cream with a hand-cranked separator,’ she says.
- He's now milking tarantulas for their venom, and has recently been granted a licence to export that venom.
- People are bitten by exotic snakes while handling or feeding them, cleaning out their cages, milking them of their venoms, or attempting to steal them.
- Chief among those experts is Lyn Abra, who milked funnel-webs for their venom for three decades, first for Sutherland's research and then for commercial antivenin production.
- 2 (exploit) they milked his talent to the utmostexplotaron su talento al máximothey milk the benefit system for all it's worth
le sacaron todo el jugo posible a su talento [colloquial]sacan todo lo que pueden del sistema de seguridad socialhe milked his relatives dryexprimió or [colloquial] les chupó la sangre a sus parientes hasta dejarlos sin un centavoExample sentences
- What have you been doing all of these years, milking him for money?
- Money has clearly been milked out of agencies and into the Olympics without regard to consequences.
- Maybe I should have thought of this before I milked my parents for money.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.