Translation of milk in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of animal, human) goat's/sheep's milkit's no use crying over spilt milkleche de cabra/ovejathe milk of human kindnesshe is not exactly flowing with the milk of human kindnessa lo hecho pechono es precisamente la encarnación de la bondad humana(before noun) (production/quotas/bottle)de leche(product)milk churn (British English) milk cow milk jug milk (sauce)pan1.2 (of coconut) 1.3 (lotion)cacerola (feminine) para la leche
- 1.1(cow/herd)(snake)1.2 (exploit) they milked his talent to the utmostextraer el veneno dethey milk the benefit system for all it's worthexplotaron su talento al máximole sacaron todo el jugo posible a su talento [colloquial]he milked his relatives drysacan todo lo que pueden del sistema de seguridad socialexprimió or [colloquial] les chupó la sangre a sus parientes hasta dejarlos sin un centavoExample sentences
- What have you been doing all of these years, milking him for money?
- Money has clearly been milked out of agencies and into the Olympics without regard to consequences.
- Maybe I should have thought of this before I milked my parents for money.
- Wandering into a shed one evening, he found a couple dozen goats being milked by a mechanism run by a pump.
- He grew up on the couple's farm in Bugthorpe where he loved to help out feeding the animals and milking the cows.
- ‘Cows were milked by hand and milk was separated from cream with a hand-cranked separator,’ she says.
- He's now milking tarantulas for their venom, and has recently been granted a licence to export that venom.
- People are bitten by exotic snakes while handling or feeding them, cleaning out their cages, milking them of their venoms, or attempting to steal them.
- Chief among those experts is Lyn Abra, who milked funnel-webs for their venom for three decades, first for Sutherland's research and then for commercial antivenin production.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the