The translation mío reflects the gender and number of the noun it is standing for mine is translated by el mío, la mía, los míos, las mías, depending on what is being referred to.
- (singular) mío, ; (plural) míos, don't touch that, it's mine no toques eso, es mío mine is here el mío/la mía está aquí a friend of mine un amigo mío it's a hobby of mine es uno de mis hobbies, es un hobby que tengo please be mine! dime que sí let's go back to mine volvamos a mi casa
- [archaic] (singular) mi; (plural) mis
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
- 1 [Mining] mina (feminine) diamond/uranium mine mina de diamantes/uranio to go down the mine(s) trabajar en las minas she/the book is a mine of information ella/el libro es una mina de información (before noun/delante del nombre) mine workings excavaciones (feminine plural) minerasExample sentences
- It also governs landscape features that delve down into the earth such as mines and quarries, wells, caves, holes or obscure valleys.
- Such an inexhaustible labour force was ruthlessly expended in the exploitation of Siberia's mineral wealth - the coal mines of Vorkuta and gold fields of Kolyma.
- In my electorate, we have problems in the Huntly area, which are a consequence of the shafts in former coal mines.
- 2 [Military/Militar] mina (feminine) to sow o lay mines in an area minar una zona, sembrar* de minas una zonaExample sentences
- Among other things, he detonated mines and bombs left behind from the Vietnam War.
- The most common equipment for sweeping contact mines in the Allied navies was the Oropesa sweep, so-called after the first ship to use it in 1919.
- They were a precursor to modern mines, high-explosive devices that can be detonated by the completion of an electrical circuit, by pressure, or by a tripwire.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 2 [Military/Militar] minar
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.