Translation of miniature in Spanish:
- 1 (small copy, version) in miniatureen miniaturaExample sentences
- Hazy, speculative figures wander through the evocative landscapes and buildings he creates using miniatures, models, televisions, glass and mirrors.
- Rufforth Airfield has been hosting the Yorkshire Air Spectacular, with flying model craft ranging in size from miniatures to monsters with a 25 ft wingspan.
- As miniatures of human bodies, dolls have had many meanings.
- 2 (Art)Example sentences
- Johnson also worked at three-quarter-length and occasionally full-length, as well as painting portrait miniatures in oil on copper.
- The new gallery of British portrait miniatures, including this depiction of Jane Small by Hans Holbein, opens on 2 March.
- During his work on portrait miniatures Reynolds turned to the Victorian paintings that had been given to the museum by John Sheepshanks in 1857 as a core collection of British art.
- His image has also survived in a few panel paintings, later copies of original portraits, and through representations of the duke and his court in the miniatures of illuminated manuscripts.
- It runs the gamut of art riches over the centuries, stretching to murals, miniatures and manuscripts.
- Numerous panels, often deliberately aged, and illuminated miniatures or historiated initials, usually on reused leaves from genuine medieval manuscripts, survive and frequently appear on the art market.
- 3 (bottle)(botellita en miniatura de una bebida alcohólica)Example sentences
- Throughout the show, he finds constant excuses to swig Special Brew and bottles of scotch, even using spirits miniatures as puppets in a retelling of Goldilocks.
- Absinthe was also put up in so-called mignonettes, comparable to the one-drink miniatures from which spirits are dispensed on airplanes today.
- You've finished the last of the plonk in the wine rack, you've drunk the miniatures stolen from minibars and found at the bottom of your suitcase.
- (before noun)(portrait/version)
- And out of that we're getting a hedge of miniature roses.
- Month-old ringtails look like miniature adults: the same black and white clown make-up and soft grey fur.
- Unfortunately, miniature roses have little or no fragrance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.