Translation of minimize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (reduce) [risk/cost] reducir* (al mínimo), minimizar*Example sentences1.2 (play down) minimizar*, quitarle trascendencia or importancia a
- The school is concentrating on reducing and minimising the amount of litter produced, while encouraging recycling and composting.
- This does assume somehow that air transport is a scarce resource, and therefore that the total amount carried must be minimised wherever possible.
- You have put off committing yourself as long as possible, and have minimised the amount of warning that France receives.
- He gets the job just because he is your nephew, which makes him harder to fire and minimizes the true importance of IT in your organization.
- In ignorance, they seek to belittle it and minimise its importance to the individual.
- That manifests itself in a cosy collectivism that seeks to minimise the importance of any problem.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the