Translation of minimize in Spanish:
- 1.1 (reduce)Example sentences1.2 (play down)
quitarle trascendencia or importancia aExample sentences
- The school is concentrating on reducing and minimising the amount of litter produced, while encouraging recycling and composting.
- This does assume somehow that air transport is a scarce resource, and therefore that the total amount carried must be minimised wherever possible.
- You have put off committing yourself as long as possible, and have minimised the amount of warning that France receives.
- He gets the job just because he is your nephew, which makes him harder to fire and minimizes the true importance of IT in your organization.
- In ignorance, they seek to belittle it and minimise its importance to the individual.
- That manifests itself in a cosy collectivism that seeks to minimise the importance of any problem.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.