transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (reduce) [risk/cost] reducir* (al mínimo), minimizar*More example sentences1.2 (play down) minimizar*, quitarle trascendencia or importancia a
More example sentences
- The school is concentrating on reducing and minimising the amount of litter produced, while encouraging recycling and composting.
- This does assume somehow that air transport is a scarce resource, and therefore that the total amount carried must be minimised wherever possible.
- You have put off committing yourself as long as possible, and have minimised the amount of warning that France receives.
- He gets the job just because he is your nephew, which makes him harder to fire and minimizes the true importance of IT in your organization.
- In ignorance, they seek to belittle it and minimise its importance to the individual.
- That manifests itself in a cosy collectivism that seeks to minimise the importance of any problem.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.