Translation of ministry in Spanish:
noun plural -tries
- 1 (Religion) 1.1 (profession)the ministryla clerecía(esp in the Catholic church) el ministerio sacerdotalto go into o enter the ministry
el sacerdociohacerse clérigo(esp in the Catholic church) hacerse sacerdoteExample sentences1.2 (period of service, activity)
- The story is that as Hays struggled over his choice of vocation, the ministry or politics, the church and politics fought over him.
- We also discussed why Marian decided to train for the ministry, and her training so far.
- Does a decline in the social status of the ministry as a profession weaken recruitment?
- In the decades that followed his death, out of the circle of 12 that had accompanied him during his three years of ministry, 10 would die a martyr's death.
- Periodically in my ministry, we have done worship planning with groups of lay people.
- It was there that he lived during the time of the ministry and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- 2 (Politics) 2.1also: Ministry(department) Ministry of Agriculture (in UK)Ministerio (masculine) de AgriculturaMinistry of Defence (in UK)
Secretaría (feminine) de Agricultura (Mexico)Example sentences2.2 (period of office)
gestión (feminine) ministerialExample sentences
- Since arriving in China on Monday, Nowak has met with vice minister-level officials from the ministries of Foreign Affairs, Justice and Public Security.
- During Zhu's term, the Chinese government abolished 61 separate ministries and departments and laid off more than 1.15 million officials.
- Also coming out of the summit was a plan to reorganize government ministries, affecting 15 ministries and 156 associated departments.
- After the death of Canning and the failure of the Goderich ministry, Wellington became prime minister in January 1828.
- In his first ministry from 1868 to 1874, Gladstone implemented many government reforms.
- Governments in the faction period were usually short-lived; a ministry which lasted 12 months had done well.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.