n (pl -tries)
- 1 [Relig] 1.1 (profession) the ministry la clerecía (esp in the Catholic church) el ministerio sacerdotal, el sacerdocio to go into o enter the ministry hacerse* clérigo (esp in the Catholic church) hacerse* sacerdote 1.2 (period of service, activity) ministerio (m)More example sentences
More example sentences
- The story is that as Hays struggled over his choice of vocation, the ministry or politics, the church and politics fought over him.
- We also discussed why Marian decided to train for the ministry, and her training so far.
- Does a decline in the social status of the ministry as a profession weaken recruitment?
- In the decades that followed his death, out of the circle of 12 that had accompanied him during his three years of ministry, 10 would die a martyr's death.
- Periodically in my ministry, we have done worship planning with groups of lay people.
- It was there that he lived during the time of the ministry and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
- 2 [Pol] 2.1(Ministry)(department) ministerio (m), secretaría (f) (Méx) Ministry of Agriculture (in (UK) ) Ministerio (m) de Agricultura, Secretaría (f) de Agricultura (Méx) Ministry of Defence (in (UK) ) Ministerio de Defensa, Secretaría de Defensa (Méx) 2.2 (period of office) gestión (f) ministerialMore example sentences
- After the death of Canning and the failure of the Goderich ministry, Wellington became prime minister in January 1828.
- In his first ministry from 1868 to 1874, Gladstone implemented many government reforms.
- Governments in the faction period were usually short-lived; a ministry which lasted 12 months had done well.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.