- 1 1.1 (unit of time) minuto (masculine) seven minutes to eight las ocho menos siete minutos, siete minutos para las ocho (Latin America except River Plate area/América Latina excepto Río de la Plata) to the minute con suma precisión a 30-minute speech un discurso de 30 minutos two minutes' o a two-minute silence dos minutos de silencio he lives about five minutes from here vive a unos cinco minutos de aquí there's one born every minute ¡hay cada idiota …! [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences1.2 (short period) minuto (masculine), momento (masculine) wait a minute, I'll be with you directly espera un minuto or un momento, enseguida estoy contigo I'll do it in a minute espera un momento, enseguida lo hago I won't be a minute no tardo ni un minuto could I see you for a minute? ¿puedo hablar contigo un momento? never for a minute have I regretted my decision ni por un momento he lamentado mi decisión one minute green's fashionable, the next nobody's wearing it de pronto se pone de moda el verde y al poco rato ya nadie lo usa you can't leave him alone for a minute no se lo puede dejar solo ni un minuto without a minute to spare en el último minuto it's just minutes to go now before the opening of the show solo faltan unos minutos para que comience la función thank goodness you're here, and not a minute too soon! ¡menos mal que has llegado! ¡en buena hora!
More example sentences1.3 (instant) minuto (masculine) I enjoyed every minute of the vacation disfruté de las vacaciones al máximo it was difficult, but worth every minute fue difícil pero mereció la pena they'll be here any minute (now) llegarán de un momento a otro, están al caer [colloquial/familiar] at this very minute en este preciso instante at the last minute a última hora to leave sth to o till o until the last minute dejar algo para el último momento go to bed this minute! ¡vete a la cama ahora mismo or en este mismo instante!
- Use different units: months, weeks and days, even hours, minutes and seconds.
- Keighley had to play the first ten minutes of the second period with only 14 men.
- Gavin Chapman came in with an overall time of four hours, twenty five minutes and nine seconds.
More example sentences1.4the minute (as conjunction/como conjunción) en cuanto the minute (that) I saw the house en cuanto vi la casa
- Think about the bit in the brackets for a minute.
- Well, let's get to Mohamed Atta for a minute because you mentioned him as well.
- And then, once they'd turned their backs for a minute to do something else, we could see my pizza catch fire and eventually blacken to a cinder.
- It is amazing that your life can turn in an instant, one minute enjoying a social event, the next lying face down in the gutter, or in a cell somewhere.
- One minute you're angry and the next minute you're happy.
- 2 (of arc) minuto (masculine)More example sentences
- To have any chance of affecting a pilot's vision, a would-be terrorist would have to be capable of keeping the beam pointed to an accuracy of 3 minutes of arc, one-tenth the diameter of a Full Moon.
- He had just invented a new instrument: a prototype sextant with arms nearly six feet in length and a scale graduated to single minutes of arc.
- But Kepler found a discrepancy of eight minutes of arc between the observed and predicted positions of the planet.
- 1 (very small) [amount] mínimo; [object] diminutoMore example sentences
- Resuscitation may have dislodged it and allowed minute food particles to pass into the lower respiratory tract.
- Nothing whatsoever, not even the most minute particle, exists independently or permanently on its own.
- Saudi Arabia has more Red Sea coastline than any other nation, yet only a minute fraction is accessible to divers.
- 2 (detailed) (before noun/delante del nombre) [scrutiny/examination/care] minuciosoMore example sentences
- His winning is no longer a story, his losing guarantees him a hard time and minute analysis of everything from his serve to his choice of coach.
- The small percipient eyes are screwed up, and wrinkled from his repeated minute scrutinies.
- The pair had camped in the video room for most of the night, watching the security tapes with minute scrutiny.
- 1 (memorandum) acta (feminine)
- 2 (of meeting) the minutes el acta to take (the) minutes levantar (el) acta (before noun/delante del nombre) minute book libro (masculine) de actas