Translation of mist in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c [Meteorol] neblina (feminine) sea mist bruma (feminine) a mist of tears obscured her vision tenía los ojos empañados por las lágrimas the origin of this custom is lost in the mists of time el origen de esta costumbre se pierde en la noche de los tiemposExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (condensation) vaho (masculine)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable/no numerable (spray) vaporización (feminine)
- The Tuscany hills were shrouded in mist on the morning of departure.
- There was mist, cloud cover, and heavy rain, all of which impeded movement.
- Early in the morning the mountains are usually sheathed in clouds of mist.
- She gave her wings an occasional flutter to keep the mist from settling on them.
- The range office staff were busy rubbing away at the heavy mist that had settled on the jeep's windscreen.
- A tiny cloud of mist formed on the window where her hot breath landed.
mist over verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio 1.1 (become misty) [landscape] cubrirse* de neblina; [eyes] empañarse her eyes misted over se le empañaron los ojos 1.2 [glass/mirror] empañarse 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [glass/mirror] empañar
mist up verb + adverb/verbo + adverbio [glass/mirror] empañarse 1.1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object/verbo + complemento + adverbio, verbo + adverbio + complemento [glass/mirror] empañar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.