Translation of moan in Spanish:
- 1 (with pain, grief) the wind was moaning in the chimney/the treesel viento gemía en la chimenea/entre los árboles [literary]Example sentences
- I don't think a web site has actually made me physically moan with anticipation and pleasure before now.
- The mash had just the right amount of truffle oil and a general richness to make you moan with pleasure and the gravy was unbelievable.
- Panforte, panettone and nougat to drool over and an Italian wine list to make oenophiles moan with pleasure.
- 1 (of pain, grief, pleasure)Example sentences
- Her soft moans of pleasure were a welcome sound to his ears as his lips
- They both let out soft moans as waves of pleasure coursed through their bodies.
- Picking up his chopsticks eagerly, he took a bite and gave a low moan of pleasure at its delicious taste.
- 2 (complaint) (British English) [colloquial](no plural)to have a moan about something
queja (feminine)quejarse de algoExample sentences
- I'd love it if they'd put up a fight against his nomination, but I seriously doubt they will beyond a few moans and groans for theater.
- When the draw was made it was met by a few moans and groans from the lads.
- The pupils come to me with their moans and groans, but I have heard nothing regarding them being attacked.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.