Translation of mob in Spanish:
- 1.1 (crowd) turba (feminine), muchedumbre (feminine); (populace) populacho (masculine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (gang) [slang/argot] banda (feminine) the Mob (American English/inglés norteamericano) la mafia 1.3 (unit, group) (British English/inglés británico) [slang/argot], (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) sección (feminine), grupo (masculine)
- I feared trouble because the mob was growing restless and violent.
- Authorities clamped down on new curfews and brought in the army to quell the violence, but angry mobs have been turning on those trying to keep the peace.
- Instead, a voice-over quoting from telegraph reports briefly mentions some of the mob's racist violence.
- Fear of the mob has always been uppermost in the gentry's minds.
- Unfortunately, the mob was more organized that they expected as freshly reloaded guns began to fire at them.
- They did it because they had a justified fear of the mob.
- She may have been the closest we have to an honest politician at the moment but that's by comparison with the rest of the mob and I'm not entirely convinced by her protestations.
- He is a fine batsman but it is his gift for words that distinguishes him from the rest of the mob who play cricket and then write about it.
- Ruby was a strip club owner, and was said to have connections with the Mob.
- The agency also has been accused of funding con artists and companies linked to the Mob.
- And though Barry has been one of the Mob's more dependable components, he is as capable of playing as wildly, as out of control, as the rest of them.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-bb-)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an