- 1.1 [library/shop] ambulante, móvil; [gun/missile-launcher] portátil, transportable; [studio] móvil mobile communications comunicaciones (fpl) celulares or (esp Esp) móviles mobile telephony telefonía (f) celular or (esp Esp) móvilMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [staff/workforce] que tiene movilidad 1.3 (able to move) we try and get the patient mobile as soon as possible tratamos de que el paciente recupere su movilidad lo más pronto posible are you mobile? [colloquial/familiar] ¿estás motorizado? [familiar/colloquial], ¿tienes ruedas? [familiar/colloquial]
- The plans also include expanding the mobile library service with two extra vehicles and a big investment in new books, CDs, videos and DVDs.
- The need for a mobile library has been felt in the residential areas after the District Library Authority suspended its mobile service for various reasons some time back.
- The latest strategy was devised by officers who looked at the locations and conditions of the council's existing 31 libraries as well as the areas served by its three mobile libraries.
More example sentences1.4 (expressive) [face/features] expresivo
- The most important way to achieve this, to our mind, is to create highly mobile military units in the Armed Forces.
- A special mobile police or army unit is being formed, in order to seize and deport foreigners or rejected asylum-seekers living illegally in the country.
- In the afternoon of 23 March a police officer was on mobile patrol duty in the town centre.
More example sentences1.5 [Sociol] con movilidad
- When mobile international capital escapes taxation, as it increasingly does, it makes social protection much more difficult to pay for.
- America's ability to attract the capital needed to finance this deficit confirms its hegemonic status as the safest home for mobile international capital.
- Physiotherapy can help to keep the joints mobile (able to move) and strengthen the surrounding muscles.
More example sentences
- So my face is still mobile and expressive, and while it won't ever look 25 again, there is a marked difference.
- She has expressively mobile features and switches from youthful hope to aged eccentricity with admirable economy.
- He again raised one delicate eyebrow, a pained expression on his mobile face.
- Participants were mobile, averaging 2.2 residences in the past year.
- The thing is, our high school has a very mobile social ladder.
- Francis, who was geographically and occupationally mobile, did not attain the same social and economic upward mobility as his brother Paul.
- 1.1 (hanging) móvil (m)More example sentences1.2
(mobile phone)teléfono (m) celular (m) or (Esp) , móvil (m)
- His characters are so thin they could have been hand painted in a kindergarten and suspended from a mobile.
- It will be 60 minutes long and will essentially feature characters suspended by a mobile from a crane.
- A leaf mobile is the perfect decoration for the fall season!