Translation of mockery in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (ridicule)mofa (feminine) [literary]to hold something/somebody up to mockeryridiculizar algo/a alguien
poner algo/a alguien en ridículoExample sentences
- Maybe I've strayed off-topic here, but I think that mockery and derision is, oddly enough, part of the stuff of taking religion seriously.
- The more discussion-worthy point, however, is the use of humor as a political weapon - mockery, derision, diminishment.
- Debate the guy, denounce him, subject him to ridicule and mockery at every opportunity.
- 2 (travesty) (no plural) a mockery of justiceuna parodia de justiciato make a mockery of somethingridiculizar algoExample sentences
- It's a travesty, a mockery of our Constitutional system, and they will not rest until this hideous distortion of all that is good and decent has been ended once and for all.
- What eventually took its place was a travesty of the real thing, a mockery of the power that could raise men to heaven and give them the glimpse of God for which they gladly died.
- This dangerous double standard makes a sham and a mockery of the justice system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.