Translation of mockery in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (ridicule) burla (feminine), mofa (feminine) [literary/literario] to hold sth/sb up to mockery ridiculizar* algo/a algn, poner* algo/a algn en ridículoExample sentences1.2 (travesty) (no plural/sin plural) farsa (feminine), pantomima (feminine) a mockery of justice una parodia de justicia to make a mockery of sth ridiculizar* algo
- Maybe I've strayed off-topic here, but I think that mockery and derision is, oddly enough, part of the stuff of taking religion seriously.
- The more discussion-worthy point, however, is the use of humor as a political weapon - mockery, derision, diminishment.
- Debate the guy, denounce him, subject him to ridicule and mockery at every opportunity.
- It's a travesty, a mockery of our Constitutional system, and they will not rest until this hideous distortion of all that is good and decent has been ended once and for all.
- What eventually took its place was a travesty of the real thing, a mockery of the power that could raise men to heaven and give them the glimpse of God for which they gladly died.
- This dangerous double standard makes a sham and a mockery of the justice system.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.