Translation of moderate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (medium) [expense/price] moderado, módico; [heat] moderado he's a moderate drinker bebe con moderación winds will be light to moderate los vientos serán de suaves a moderados 1.2 (not extreme) [views/demands/criticism] moderadoExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (mediocre) [ability/achievement] regular, pasable
- Some of these second-wave acts achieved a moderate degree of success and most were assured at least of a long career on the standup circuit.
- They basically got away with what they could at the time (which wasn't much) and found a moderate amount of success.
- The fourth is that they exercise not a bit but a lot - ie they have about 60-90 minutes of moderate intensity exercise every day.
- Australia has a new and rising political party with moderate policies which is headed by a black woman.
- Throughout the process, those loyal to its moderate policies fought for the survival of their party.
- Its front bench has a younger profile, and with its policies not very far from those of the current government, it will find little ideological problems with the moderate policies now favoured by Labour.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ˈmɑːdəreɪt; ˈmɒdəreɪt/
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ˈmɑːdəreɪt; ˈmɒdəreɪt/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the