- 1.1 (restraint) moderación (feminine) drinking is not harmful, in moderation beber no es nocivo, si se hace con moderación all things in moderation todos los excesos son malosMore example sentences1.2 (lessening, lowering) moderación (feminine)
More example sentences
- They are encouraging young people to associate alcohol with excess and extreme moderation.
- That's what I favour - moderation and responsible behaviour.
- From the disease model point of view, moderation of addictive behavior is an unrealistic goal for a true addict.
- A real decline in inflation would depend in the moderation of wage demands by ‘organised groups of workers’, indicated Government sources.
- This is probably more precaution than I would take on my weblog, particularly the moderation of unregistered comments.
- They're basically young toughs in these projects, and they're just not responding to any kind of calls for moderation to the violence, not even from their parents, by the way.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.