Translation of moderator in Spanish:
- 1 (in debates)Example sentences
- Or had the retired general simply not considered the possibility that debate moderators would ask him questions?
- Aggressive moderators don't get picked as debate moderators, Lou.
- And my answer there is that my function as a debate moderator has always been to just to facilitate the exchange between the candidates, to get them to talk about it.
- 2 (British) (School, University)(árbitro encargado de procurar que exista uniformidad de criterios en la calificación de exámenes)Example sentences
- Reducing external assessment could save the £60 million spent on moderators and examiners for GCSEs and GNVQ courses, he claims.
- Testers were observed by moderators during the examination.
- Data quality was ensured by having the moderator present his coding to a team including the principal investigator, a research assistant, and the principal investigator's graduate students.
- 3 (Religion)presidente (masculine) (de la asamblea de algunas iglesias protestantes)Example sentences
- He has been the moderator of the Free Presbyterian Church since he founded it in 1951, a longer run in power than most popes.
- Last month the former moderator of the Presbyterian Church, went so far as to call for an end to the withdrawal by Protestants from mixed towns and areas.
- The organization constituted itself in January and elected as moderator the head of the Episcopal Diocese of New York.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.