Translation of modern in Spanish:
- [art/machinery/man/ideas] moderno modern literature literatura (feminine) moderna or contemporáneaExample sentences
- Interestingly the exhibitions link past and present with some modern artefacts and photos on display.
- Over the past decades, modern encroachments and thoughtless building have marred the historic fabric of the city.
- The comment remains true of periods of the much more recent past, including Australian social history of the modern period.
- The small fields we see around us, which tourists come to look at, are not helpful when it comes to modern equipment and cultivation techniques.
- Give troops the very best training and most modern weapons and equipment.
- The roof has been repaired and modern kitchen equipment installed.
- Degas was an artist torn between traditional art and the modern impressionist movement.
- The exhibition of the year brings together major masterpieces by the two giants of modern art, Henri Matisse and Pablo Picasso.
- He called on architects to combine traditional Chinese styles with modern trends.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a