Translation of modest in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not boastful)(person/remark)
Example sentences1.2 (small, humble)
- He is a quiet, unassuming lad and so modest about his many talents.
- He's modest about his achievements, self-effacing about his music and finds an old-fashioned dignity in hard work.
- Despite the magnitude of her work, I find Kate surprisingly down to earth and genuinely modest about the achievements she will leave behind when she hands over the reins on her 65th birthday.
- We see that one should look for a proper, modest woman to be his wife, in order to have an eternal loving relationship.
- She tells him to find a pretty and modest girl whom he respects and to wait until he's through with college, because he's not half good enough for whoever the girl is.
- In other words, nice girls are modest and demure.
modesto(success)we lived in modest circumstances
moderadovivimos modestamenteExample sentences
Example sentences1.3 (chaste)
- Let's find the relatively modest amounts needed to fund things people want, and let's do it without chopping away at other programs with an axe.
- Australia has long had a remarkably good university system, and used relatively modest levels of public investment in higher education very effectively.
- A relatively modest amount of money could fund programs that would have a significant impact on smoking in Canada and allow those looking to quit to find help.
- They take great pride in showing their houses, modest flats on the outside, but inside renovated kitchens and bathrooms and all the mod cons amongst the religious icons.
- Our venue became too expensive for our modest means.
- Through the darkness I could make out a modest, tan coloured house with an overgrown garden and grubby looking shudders drooping from the windows.
- My mother showed up dressed in a modest skirt and jacket along with my little brothers, Robert and Connor.
- Some were dressed in very modest gowns, while others were practically falling out of their bodices.
- Finally, I was standing in my under garments and fumbled around in the twilight for some modest clothing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.