- 1.1 (absence of conceit) modestia (f) I would tell you about it, but modesty forbids te lo contaría, pero pecaría de poco modesto in all modesty, I think … modestamente or con toda modestia, creo que …More example sentences1.2 (limited size) [formal] lo modesto
More example sentences1.3 (propriety) recato (m), pudor (m) to outrage sb's modesty ofender el pudor de algn
- He had shown no false modesty about his ability to avoid the gardener.
- He is intelligent, engaging and nimbly treads the line between humility and false modesty.
- It's not false modesty, but the viewing nation has had three solid months of me and now they need a break.
More example sentences
- At the cathedral, Paul and his wife Jenny lived in relative modesty in a part of what was originally built as the bishop's palace.
- Is the relative modesty of the damages a reflection of the fact that the amount was determined by a judge and not by a jury?
- His family was quite wealthy, but modesty was what they possessed in great amounts.
- ‘The idea is that your modesty in dress and behavior is a passport to public space,’ he said.
- But faith in the classical virtues of decorum and modesty remained with him until his death.
- ‘Since Father is unavailable that would be acceptable,’ she ducked her head in a gesture the steward took as maidenly modesty, but actually was meant to hide her smile.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...