Translation of modesty in Spanish:
- 1.1 (absence of conceit) I would tell you about it, but modesty forbidste lo contaría, pero pecaría de poco modestoin all modesty, I think …modestamente or con toda modestia, creo que …Example sentences1.2 (limited size) [formal]
lo modestoExample sentences1.3 (propriety) to outrage somebody's modesty
- He had shown no false modesty about his ability to avoid the gardener.
- He is intelligent, engaging and nimbly treads the line between humility and false modesty.
- It's not false modesty, but the viewing nation has had three solid months of me and now they need a break.
ofender el pudor de alguienExample sentences
- At the cathedral, Paul and his wife Jenny lived in relative modesty in a part of what was originally built as the bishop's palace.
- Is the relative modesty of the damages a reflection of the fact that the amount was determined by a judge and not by a jury?
- His family was quite wealthy, but modesty was what they possessed in great amounts.
- ‘The idea is that your modesty in dress and behavior is a passport to public space,’ he said.
- But faith in the classical virtues of decorum and modesty remained with him until his death.
- ‘Since Father is unavailable that would be acceptable,’ she ducked her head in a gesture the steward took as maidenly modesty, but actually was meant to hide her smile.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.