- 1 countable (hollow vessel) ring moldmolde de savarín or de coronato break the mold they aim to break the two-party mold of the country's politicsquieren romper moldes y acabar con el bipartidismo imperante en la política del paísthey broke the mold when they made himdespués de hacerlo a él rompieron el moldeExample sentences
- Casting is a process by which a liquid or molten material is shaped by pouring into a mould that contains the negative impression of a desired model.
- Then he pours liquid gelatin into the mold and lets it harden.
- The artificial limb is made inserting the mould into the molten material.
- 2 countable (type) (no plural) to be cast or set in the same/a different moldestar cortado por el mismo/por distinto patróna hero in the traditional/Superman moldun héroe de corte tradicional/al estilo de Supermána President in the Truman moldun presidente al estilo de Trumana woman of her molduna mujer de su estilo or templeExample sentences
- What was a masterful, elegiac character study in the mould of Le Carré's classic A Perfect Spy becomes an angry disquisition on contemporary geopolitics.
- The switch to the West Coast offense doesn't mean the team will become a pass-first team in the mold of the old 49ers.
- Wilson crafts this social satire in the mould of Thackeray or Trollope, crisscrossing class barriers with fluid facility.
- 3 countable and uncountable (dish)Example sentences
- There are the usual Jello molds, spinach dips and salads, green nacho chips, and pickle displays.
- This is the cookbook I do half my baking out of, and all of my jello molds.
- The book had no pictures, except on the cover, which showed a large roast of lamb, fish baked in white sauce accompanied by boiled carrots, and a mould of bright red gelatin.
- 1(steel/plastic)she molded the figure out of or from clay
moldearmodeló la figura en arcillashe molded the clay into shapescon la arcilla hizo or modeló unas figurasthe leather should mold itself to the footel cuero debe amoldarse al pieExample sentences
- To reduce friction and ensure the timely release of the protective guard, however, each component had to be molded from a different material.
- At about the time Hanson began making his realistic figures in the 1960s, other artists were also making life-sized figures molded from actual people.
- I think it was a bowl and I was abusing it, using it outside on the front steps to mold snow sculptures.
- The paper is then moulded into the shape of clay sculptures that Stephen and David have designed, and attached to the sculptures to protect them from damage.
- Tops creates moulded glass sculptures using kiln casting, inspired by everyday items such as taps and bolts, with part of the sculpture in the original metal, and the rest in glass.
- Raw materials used for CCM discs are made up of carbon fiber, phenol resin and silicon; the fibers and resin are molded in the geometric shape of the braking band.
- 2also: molded past participle(plastic/rubber)
- The first and largest bedroom, overlooking the rear garden, is a well proportioned double with polished timber floorboards and moulded ceiling cornices.
- The final room on this level is another double bedroom with a black marble fireplace, corner wash-hand basin and moulded ceiling cornice.
- The former NatWest bank in the High Street was built in 1838 and boasts high - moulded ceilings and Gothic columns.
- uncountable and countable (fungus) covered with moldmohoso
lleno de mohoExample sentences
- And, under the microscope, that food just became mold, fungi, and yeast fairly quickly.
- Excess humidity inside your home also promotes the growth of mold, fungi and bacteria.
- One can preserve food quite well simply by reducing the moisture content, but more importantly mold growth is highly dependent on how contaminated the food is with mold or fungus spores to begin with.
- uncountable and countablealso: leaf moldmantillo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.