Translation of moment in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (short period) just a momentone moment, pleaseun momentoun momentitocould I speak to you for a moment?un momento or un momentito, por favordoctor Davies will see you in a moment¿podría hablar con usted un momento?I'm going out to get some milk: I won't be a momentenseguida la atiende el doctor Daviesnot for a momentsalgo a comprar leche, enseguida vuelvoI wouldn't for a moment dream of charging youni por un instante or momentoit was a moment before he spokeni se me ocurriría cobrartea moment latertardó unos instantes en empezar a hablara moment agopoco despuésI'll fix it when I get a momenthace un momentoto have one's momentslo arreglaré cuando tenga un momento1.2 (instant, time) an unthinking momenttener sus ( or mis etc) buenos momentosa proud momentun momento de descuidoin a moment of rageun momento de orgulloat the momenten un momento de rabiaat that momenten este momentoat this moment in time [criticized usage]en ese momentofor the moment to live for the momenten este mismo momentothe man/woman of the momentvivir al momentofrom that moment on they'll be here any momentel hombre/la mujer del momentoat that very momentestarán aquí en cualquier momento or de un momento a otrothe very next momenten ese preciso instanteit was the wrong moment to tell heral minuto siguienteyou certainly pick your moments, don't you? [ironic]no era el momento de decírselofrom moment to moment this is not the moment to bring up the subjecttienes el don de la oportunidad ¿no? [irónico]the moment of trutheste no es momento de sacar el temala hora de la verdadExample sentences1.3the moment (that) (as conjunction) let me know the moment they arrive
avísame en cuanto lleguen
- I had a brief moment of silent panic when I thought I'd chipped a tooth on a particularly hard bit.
- Setting aside the real world for a moment, let's return to a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
- He rubbed his hand over his eyes wearily and thought for a moment before replying.
- 2 uncountable (Physics) moment of inertiaExample sentences
- The team used samarium, an element whose spin and orbital moments are opposite and vary with temperature.
- Here's the sneaky part - we use that fact that atoms with the wrong moments are kicked out of the trap.
- The relative size of the control surface in relation to its location also will determine the magnitude of the moments.
- 3 uncountable (importance) [formal] this matter is of great/little moment to meeste asunto es muy/muy poco importante para míExample sentences
- Martyrs' relics and graves seemed of little moment in a world about to be consumed by fire.
- His diplomacy won over only the Illyrian king Genthius, whose support proved of little moment.
- It is therefore of little moment for the affected parties and, derivatively, for social policy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.