Translation of monastic in Spanish:
- [order/vow] monástico; [life] monacal, monásticoExample sentences
- The religious pillars, of course, are the clergy and monastic orders.
- Most Theravada monks live as part of monastic communities.
- Today we'll hear from two Buddhists, who lived a monastic life, and also left it after some years.
- Music is, by implication, a solitary and almost monastic pursuit, one unabashedly privileged over friendship or love.
- Having had a good day of golf and wine with the two Jims and myself, he retired to his room in the monastic student hall of residence.
- The Armenian Quarter is a little known part of the city and its stone passages and cloisters give it a secluded, monastic air.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the