Translation of monastic in Spanish:
- [order/vow] monástico; [life] monacal, monásticoExample sentences
- The religious pillars, of course, are the clergy and monastic orders.
- Most Theravada monks live as part of monastic communities.
- Today we'll hear from two Buddhists, who lived a monastic life, and also left it after some years.
- Music is, by implication, a solitary and almost monastic pursuit, one unabashedly privileged over friendship or love.
- Having had a good day of golf and wine with the two Jims and myself, he retired to his room in the monastic student hall of residence.
- The Armenian Quarter is a little known part of the city and its stone passages and cloisters give it a secluded, monastic air.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.