Translation of mongrel in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dog) perro (masculine) mestizo, chucho, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar], gozque (masculine and feminine) (Colombia) , quiltro, (masculine, feminine) (Chile) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (hybrid) [literary/literario] híbrido (masculine)
- The mongrel hounds rushed up a slope, into a stand of scrub.
- He lies in the nest for tonight, taken from a stray mutt and her mongrel puppies.
- Lily the mongrel puppy was one of the first pooches to go online to promote a stray dogs website in North Yorkshire.
- He has done workshops with farmers in Cambodia and his findings support the general belief that many farmed animals are genetic mongrels.
- Because they have lived alongside each other for so long, true Scottish wildcats and crossbred mongrels are difficult to tell apart.
- They are mating with the local rare species of white-headed duck producing a mongrel that could force the indigenous breed into extinction.
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a