- 1.1 (dog) perro (m) mestizo, chucho, (m,f) [colloquial/familiar], gozque (masculine and feminine) (Colombia) , quiltro, (masculine, feminine) (Chile) [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences1.2 (hybrid) [literary/literario] híbrido (masculine)
More example sentences
- The mongrel hounds rushed up a slope, into a stand of scrub.
- He lies in the nest for tonight, taken from a stray mutt and her mongrel puppies.
- Lily the mongrel puppy was one of the first pooches to go online to promote a stray dogs website in North Yorkshire.
- He has done workshops with farmers in Cambodia and his findings support the general belief that many farmed animals are genetic mongrels.
- Because they have lived alongside each other for so long, true Scottish wildcats and crossbred mongrels are difficult to tell apart.
- They are mating with the local rare species of white-headed duck producing a mongrel that could force the indigenous breed into extinction.