Translation of mongrel in Spanish:
- 1 (dog)perro (masculine) mestizo
chucho, (-cha) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]
gozque (masculine or feminine) (Colombia)
quiltro, (-tra) (masculine, feminine) (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences
- The mongrel hounds rushed up a slope, into a stand of scrub.
- He lies in the nest for tonight, taken from a stray mutt and her mongrel puppies.
- Lily the mongrel puppy was one of the first pooches to go online to promote a stray dogs website in North Yorkshire.
- 2 (hybrid) [literary]Example sentences
- He has done workshops with farmers in Cambodia and his findings support the general belief that many farmed animals are genetic mongrels.
- Because they have lived alongside each other for so long, true Scottish wildcats and crossbred mongrels are difficult to tell apart.
- They are mating with the local rare species of white-headed duck producing a mongrel that could force the indigenous breed into extinction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.