Translation of mongrel in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dog) perro (masculine) mestizo, chucho, (masculine, feminine) [colloquial/familiar], gozque (masculine and feminine) (Colombia) , quiltro, (masculine, feminine) (Chile) [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 (hybrid) [literary/literario] híbrido (masculine)
- The mongrel hounds rushed up a slope, into a stand of scrub.
- He lies in the nest for tonight, taken from a stray mutt and her mongrel puppies.
- Lily the mongrel puppy was one of the first pooches to go online to promote a stray dogs website in North Yorkshire.
- He has done workshops with farmers in Cambodia and his findings support the general belief that many farmed animals are genetic mongrels.
- Because they have lived alongside each other for so long, true Scottish wildcats and crossbred mongrels are difficult to tell apart.
- They are mating with the local rare species of white-headed duck producing a mongrel that could force the indigenous breed into extinction.
adjective/adjetivo(before noun/delante del nombre)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.