Translation of mongrel in Spanish:
- 1.1 (dog)perro (masculine) mestizochucho, (-cha) (masculine, feminine) [colloquial]quiltro, (-tra) (masculine, feminine) (Chile) [colloquial]Example sentences1.2 (hybrid) [literary]
- The mongrel hounds rushed up a slope, into a stand of scrub.
- He lies in the nest for tonight, taken from a stray mutt and her mongrel puppies.
- Lily the mongrel puppy was one of the first pooches to go online to promote a stray dogs website in North Yorkshire.
- He has done workshops with farmers in Cambodia and his findings support the general belief that many farmed animals are genetic mongrels.
- Because they have lived alongside each other for so long, true Scottish wildcats and crossbred mongrels are difficult to tell apart.
- They are mating with the local rare species of white-headed duck producing a mongrel that could force the indigenous breed into extinction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.