- 1 [Audio] monofonía (feminine) to record sth in mono grabar algo en monofonía or en monoauralMore example sentences
More example sentences
- The audio is a standard mono, with no hiss except at high volumes, and does its job satisfactorily.
- The image is reasonably clear and bright, if slightly soft, and the soundtrack is a no-nonsense mono that is free of any artifacts.
- The soundtrack is the original mono, and has the basic problems of such older tracks.
- Purists will be happy to know the original mono track was remastered into two-channel Dolby Digital mono.
- Presented in Dolby Digital 2.0 mono, there are several imperfections.
- The disc's audio is in mono as mastered from a digitally restored 35 mm magnetic track and is in very good shape.
- 2 (mononucleosis) (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar], mononucleosis (feminine)More example sentences
- They will help only if your child has a bacterial infection along with her mono, such as strep throat.
- He or she might want to test you for other sicknesses that are like mono.
- Because mono is caused by a virus, antibiotics such as penicillin won't help unless the child has a secondary infection like strep bacteria.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.