- 1.1 countable/numerable (painting) pintura (f) monocromática; (photograph) fotografía (f) en blanco y negroMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (technique) painted in monochrome pintado en diferentes tonalidades de un mismo color photographed in monochrome fotografiado en blanco y negro
- Pioneering monochromes by Malevich, Rodchenko, Reinhardt, Klein and Ryman employ just one color, unlike many later examples that feature a dominant but not single hue.
- In subsequent works, he geometrically structured the stippled monochromes to toy with color contrasts.
- The new works may be her most reserved and elegant since the monochromes (such as charcoal on vellum) that she made in the late '80s.
Paro is the name in Spain for both unemployment and unemployment benefit. The period for which paro can be claimed ranges from three months to a year, depending on how long a person has been working. The amount paid decreases over the period of unemployment.
- [picture] monocromático, monocromo; [photograph/television] en blanco y negroMore example sentences
- The images are displayed on monochrome screens on the flight deck and on the lower deck.
- These documentary pictures and the monochrome paintings exist side by side in an uneasy tension.
- He also bemoaned today's monochrome screens and small displays.