- 1.1 countable/numerable (painting) pintura (f) monocromática; (photograph) fotografía (f) en blanco y negroMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (technique) painted in monochrome pintado en diferentes tonalidades de un mismo color photographed in monochrome fotografiado en blanco y negro
- Pioneering monochromes by Malevich, Rodchenko, Reinhardt, Klein and Ryman employ just one color, unlike many later examples that feature a dominant but not single hue.
- In subsequent works, he geometrically structured the stippled monochromes to toy with color contrasts.
- The new works may be her most reserved and elegant since the monochromes (such as charcoal on vellum) that she made in the late '80s.
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.
- [picture] monocromático, monocromo; [photograph/television] en blanco y negroMore example sentences
- The images are displayed on monochrome screens on the flight deck and on the lower deck.
- These documentary pictures and the monochrome paintings exist side by side in an uneasy tension.
- He also bemoaned today's monochrome screens and small displays.