Translation of monochrome in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (painting)pintura (feminine) monocromática(photograph)fotografía (feminine) en blanco y negroExample sentences1.2 uncountable (technique) See examples: painted in monochrome
photographed in monochromepintado en diferentes tonalidades de un mismo colorfotografiado en blanco y negro
- Pioneering monochromes by Malevich, Rodchenko, Reinhardt, Klein and Ryman employ just one color, unlike many later examples that feature a dominant but not single hue.
- In subsequent works, he geometrically structured the stippled monochromes to toy with color contrasts.
- The new works may be her most reserved and elegant since the monochromes (such as charcoal on vellum) that she made in the late '80s.
- (photograph/television)en blanco y negroExample sentences
- The images are displayed on monochrome screens on the flight deck and on the lower deck.
- These documentary pictures and the monochrome paintings exist side by side in an uneasy tension.
- He also bemoaned today's monochrome screens and small displays.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.