Translation of monochrome in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable (painting)pintura (feminine) monocromática(photograph)
fotografía (feminine) en blanco y negroExample sentences1.2 uncountable (technique) painted in monochrome
pintado en diferentes tonalidades de un mismo colorphotographed in monochromefotografiado en blanco y negro
- Pioneering monochromes by Malevich, Rodchenko, Reinhardt, Klein and Ryman employ just one color, unlike many later examples that feature a dominant but not single hue.
- In subsequent works, he geometrically structured the stippled monochromes to toy with color contrasts.
- The new works may be her most reserved and elegant since the monochromes (such as charcoal on vellum) that she made in the late '80s.
en blanco y negroExample sentences
- The images are displayed on monochrome screens on the flight deck and on the lower deck.
- These documentary pictures and the monochrome paintings exist side by side in an uneasy tension.
- He also bemoaned today's monochrome screens and small displays.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.