Translation of monoglot in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- He is the darling of German society magazines and is the kind of multilingual European who puts monoglot Brits to shame.
- Growing up bilingual in English and German, Hobsbawm picked up three or four other languages along the way (he reproves monoglot historians for their provincialism).
- At the 1981 census, there were little over 80,000 speakers, with only a few hundred under the age of five and there are few monoglot speakers above this age.
- persona (feminine) monolingüeExample sentences
- One group is sure to complain about such an arrangement, and that is the small number of Mainlander Mandarin monoglots.
- Thus Bill Labov is not a monoglot, as it happens, but I don't believe that any of his major contributions depend on his speaking or reading any languages other than English.
- Lest the reader think that I am flexing my achievements here, I should also point out that despite several years of Spanish and some time knocking around in Germany, I'm a hopeless monoglot.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.