Translation of monopoly in Spanish:
- 1 countable and uncountableplural monopoliesgovernment/state monopolymonopolio gubernamental or del gobierno/estatal or del Estadothey have a monopoly of the marketmonopolizan el mercadoshe doesn't have a monopoly on my affectionsno tiene el monopolio de mis sentimientosto break somebody's monopolyacabar con el monopolio de alguienExample sentences
- With cities from Shanghai to Beijing to Shenzhen vying for a piece of the action, Hong Kong is losing its monopoly on China trade.
- From its harbours, Albuquerque's fleet brutally enforced the Portuguese monopoly of the spice trade.
- Decriminalisation has all the disadvantages of increased use while allowing gangs to retain their virtual monopoly on production and supply.
- 2also: Monopolyuncountable [trademark]Monopoly (masculine) [trademark]El Estanciero (Argentina) [trademark]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.