Translation of monosyllabic in Spanish:
- 1.1 [word] monosilábicoExample sentences1.2 [reply] lacónico, monosilábico; [person] lacónico, que habla con monosílabos
- As they continue to develop, children learn to segment polysyllabic words into syllables as they approach kindergarten age and monosyllabic words into phonemes around first grade.
- Why are there so many syllables in the word monosyllabic?
- Jo answered, spitting out each monosyllabic word.
- So I eventually called up the helpline, and the monosyllabic customer advisor at the end of the phone informed me that there was indeed a delay.
- Georges' wife, who works for a successful editor, is concerned: not least for their monosyllabic son, Pierrot, a young swimming champ.
- He is permanently monosyllabic unless the subject happens to be narrow-gauge North American railways, and he never uses a word where a silent, dismissive glare would do.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.