- 1.1 (place) amarradero (masculine), atracadero (masculine)More example sentences1.2
(moorings plural)(ropes) amarras (feminine plural)More example sentences
- The club did not need it, however, because it had no marina facilities - docks, moorings or boat storage.
- Well-tended houseboats line the towpath, berthed at permanent moorings complete with mini-gardens and bankside electricity supply.
- I met up with Ronnie at his boat moorings and after the usual welcome and introduction it was into his flats boat and across the channel to the flats.
- There were 25 guests aboard when the boat slipped her moorings.
- Not until they had slipped their moorings and they were well out to sea did Elissa reveal their destination.
- Many fishermen may be unaware of the effect of their activities on the salmon stock or may not know that the buoys around farms indicate the presence of a network of moorings and anchors keeping the farm in place.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.