Translation of moot in Spanish:
- (before noun/delante del nombre) discutible that remains a moot point eso sigue siendo discutibleExample sentences
- The motion explained that the company and the union had already reached an agreement on the retiree health benefit issue that made the previous dispute a moot point.
- How much the appeal of this movie derives from its subject and how much from Spacey is a moot point, I suppose.
- Which of the two camps was having a better time may be a moot point, but there can be no dispute as to which was living most successfully in the here and now.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) [idea/proposal] someter a discusión, plantear it has been mooted that … se ha propuesto or sugerido que …
- 1 (assembly) asamblea (feminine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.