- (before noun/delante del nombre) discutible that remains a moot point eso sigue siendo discutibleMore example sentences
- The motion explained that the company and the union had already reached an agreement on the retiree health benefit issue that made the previous dispute a moot point.
- How much the appeal of this movie derives from its subject and how much from Spacey is a moot point, I suppose.
- Which of the two camps was having a better time may be a moot point, but there can be no dispute as to which was living most successfully in the here and now.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) [idea/proposal] someter a discusión, plantear it has been mooted that … se ha propuesto or sugerido que …
- 1 (assembly) asamblea (feminine)
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.