Translation of moot in Spanish:
- (before noun) that remains a moot pointeso sigue siendo discutibleExample sentences
- The motion explained that the company and the union had already reached an agreement on the retiree health benefit issue that made the previous dispute a moot point.
- How much the appeal of this movie derives from its subject and how much from Spacey is a moot point, I suppose.
- Which of the two camps was having a better time may be a moot point, but there can be no dispute as to which was living most successfully in the here and now.
- (usually passive)(idea/proposal)it has been mooted that …
someter a discusión
plantearse ha propuesto or sugerido que …Example sentences
- One possibility, which has increasingly been mooted, is the idea of a Universal Court for Human Rights.
- When Richard first mooted the idea of his book to his brother two years ago, David advised him on the business end of publishing.
- It was he who first mooted the idea of a reunion seven years ago.
- 1 (assembly)Example sentences
- Even if, as some have supposed, the manor court, or hall moot, had Anglo-Saxon forebears, it was an institution that must have changed out of all recognition after 1100.
- After the mid-16th century Reformation, when religious guilds were dissolved, it was used as a market cross and as a moot hall.
- Joseph Gerrald, after all, had proposed the Convention, likening it to the folk moot of Saxon England.
- 2 (of law students)simulacro (masculine) de juicioExample sentences
- The last time I was there, nearly a decade ago, I was a law student competing in the Jessup International Law moot.
- Thanks do not go out to my alarm clocks, which failed to work this morning resulting in my awakening in absolute panic at 2 pm, with only one third of the moot prepared.
- The moot is tomorrow, my point of law absurdly impossible to argue, and the prospect of sleep tonight absurdly impossible to contemplate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.