Translation of mortarboard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (academic cap) birrete (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (builder's tray) esparavel (masculine)
- J. P. Newell, he always wore his gown, mortar board, exquisitely coloured hood and dog collar,’ he writes.
- With undergraduate degrees from both Victoria and Auckland Universities under his mortar board and the world at his academic feet, Ronald Syme moved on to Oriel College in Oxford, gaining first class honours in Greek and Latin.
- We are a broad church here, for some there is talk of different hats, the creative and the scholarly, for others the move is seamless, as if the baseball cap can be worn successfully under, or with, or instead of the mortar board or the bonnet.
- It shows guys holding mortar boards with bricks on their heads running down planks.
- If we have 13 bricklayers each laying 12 block per course, we need 30 mortar boards for them to work off of.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.