Translation of mortarboard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (academic cap) birrete (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (builder's tray) esparavel (masculine)
- J. P. Newell, he always wore his gown, mortar board, exquisitely coloured hood and dog collar,’ he writes.
- With undergraduate degrees from both Victoria and Auckland Universities under his mortar board and the world at his academic feet, Ronald Syme moved on to Oriel College in Oxford, gaining first class honours in Greek and Latin.
- We are a broad church here, for some there is talk of different hats, the creative and the scholarly, for others the move is seamless, as if the baseball cap can be worn successfully under, or with, or instead of the mortar board or the bonnet.
- It shows guys holding mortar boards with bricks on their heads running down planks.
- If we have 13 bricklayers each laying 12 block per course, we need 30 mortar boards for them to work off of.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.