- (charge) hipoteca (feminine); (loan) préstamo (masculine) or crédito (masculine) hipotecario, hipoteca (feminine) to pay off a mortgage terminar de pagar una hipoteca, redimir una hipoteca [formal] we've paid off the mortgage on the house hemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca or el préstamo or el crédito de la casamortgage
onsth to take out a mortgage on a property hipotecar* una propiedad we've taken out a second mortgage on the house hemos rehipotecado la casa (before noun/delante del nombre) mortgage arrears atrasos (masculine plural) en el pago de la hipoteca mortgage loan préstamo (masculine) hipotecario mortgage payment pago (masculine) de la hipotecaMore example sentences
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [house/land] hipotecar* they've mortgaged the country's future han hipotecado el futuro del país
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.