Translation of mortgage in Spanish:
- (charge) hipoteca (feminine); (loan) préstamo (masculine) or crédito (masculine) hipotecario, hipoteca (feminine) to pay off a mortgage terminar de pagar una hipoteca, redimir una hipoteca [formal] we've paid off the mortgage on the house hemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca or el préstamo or el crédito de la casamortgage
onsth to take out a mortgage on a property hipotecar* una propiedad we've taken out a second mortgage on the house hemos rehipotecado la casa (before noun/delante del nombre) mortgage arrears atrasos (masculine plural) en el pago de la hipoteca mortgage loan préstamo (masculine) hipotecario mortgage payment pago (masculine) de la hipotecaExample sentences
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [house/land] hipotecar* they've mortgaged the country's future han hipotecado el futuro del país
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.