Translation of mortgage in Spanish:
- (charge)(loan)to pay off a mortgagepréstamo (masculine) or crédito (masculine) hipotecariowe've paid off the mortgage on the houseterminar de pagar una hipotecaredimir una hipoteca [formal]mortgagehemos terminado de pagar la hipoteca or el préstamo or el crédito de la casa
onsomethingto take out a mortgage on a propertywe've taken out a second mortgage on the househipotecar una propiedad(before noun) mortgage arrearshemos rehipotecado la casamortgage loanatrasos (masculine plural) en el pago de la hipotecamortgage paymentpréstamo (masculine) hipotecariopago (masculine) de la hipotecaExample sentences
- I own my home with a small amount outstanding on the mortgage.
- The standard policy reduces the amount covered as the mortgage is paid off so it is cheaper than a level term, which is one constant sum assured for the life of the policy.
- Much of the sharp rise is being driven by rising house prices, with more than €1 billion in mortgages borrowed each month.
- (house/land)they've mortgaged the country's futurehan hipotecado el futuro del paísExample sentences
- During this time her brother-in-law mortgaged the property, without her knowledge, as security for his own debts, and when he defaulted on the repayments, the bank sought possession of the property.
- Hjorten and Fuller went without salaries for the project's first year and financed the company by mortgaging their property and by taking on credit-card debt.
- Mr. Aarts mortgaged this property to provide part of the funds used to purchase the home.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.