Translation of mothball in Spanish:
- (ship)mandar a la reserva(supplies)the steelworks will be mothballed until a buyer is founddejar en depósitovan a cerrar la acería hasta que surja un compradorExample sentences
- The notion that the country can sustain a capable defence force by mothballing equipment is laughable.
- Other mothballed military facilities are available if the number of detainees continues to rise.
- Along with a cancellation of the Shuttle NASA should mothball the space station.
- When market forces caught up with the Soviet Union in the early 1990s, many of its research-cum-defense projects were mothballed.
- Earlier plans were mothballed when fund managers lost their appetite for another semi-state sell-off.
- His untimely death meant the project was effectively mothballed, although it toured as a series of exhibitions during the 1970s.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.