Translation of motif in Spanish:
- 1.1 (theme) tema (masculine), motivo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (design) motivo (masculine)
- This distinctively narrative work presents a host of motifs that recur throughout Schreuders' printed works, including mermaids and sculpted figures.
- Chapter 1 introduces a series of motifs that recur in subsequent chapters and carry similar associations with them.
- There is no attempt to create a genre with recurring motifs like, for example, chick lit's shoes, sex, and Chardonnay.
- In addition to church furnishings and tombs, he specialized in the design of ornamental motifs, which he popularized in a series of engravings, 1548-77.
- Included are geometrics, florals and foliates, animals and nature motifs and other decorative repeat patterns.
- Crafted in gold or silver, medals were adorned with decorative motifs and appropriate inscriptions engraved by hand.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.