Translation of motive in Spanish:
- 1 (reason) motivo (masculine), móvil (masculine) [formal] she acted out of the best of motives lo hizo con la mejor intención his motive was greed actuó movido por la avaricia it's the profit motive that inspires people el afán de lucro es lo que mueve a la genteExample sentences
- There's an ulterior motive behind everything they do.
- When someone offers you help, must you seek out an ulterior motive behind the gesture?
- The key ethical and legal point is the intention - the motive behind the act.
- Then think about the grail motive as a background to the Bruckner Adagio.
- To cultivate this process, the student should become acquainted with the motive upon which the composition is based.
- This is the predominant trichord of most sets and functions as a signature motive.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) motor The feminine of motor is motriz or motora
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.