Translation of motive in Spanish:
- 1 (reason) she acted out of the best of motiveshis motive was greedlo hizo con la mejor intenciónit's the profit motive that inspires peopleactuó movido por la avariciael afán de lucro es lo que mueve a la genteExample sentences
- There's an ulterior motive behind everything they do.
- When someone offers you help, must you seek out an ulterior motive behind the gesture?
- The key ethical and legal point is the intention - the motive behind the act.
- Then think about the grail motive as a background to the Bruckner Adagio.
- To cultivate this process, the student should become acquainted with the motive upon which the composition is based.
- This is the predominant trichord of most sets and functions as a signature motive.
- 2→ motif
- (before noun)The feminine of motor is motriz or motoraExample sentences
- The change of motion is proportional to the motive force impressed; and is made in the direction of the straight line in which that force is impressed.
- With the invention of the internal combustion engine, in the late 19th century, new possibilities of motive force became available.
- It may be powered by hand, pedal, or some other motive force such as a suitably geared lawn mower engine or the electric motor taken from a discarded washing machine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the