Translation of motive in Spanish:
- 1 (reason) motivo (masculine), móvil (masculine) [formal] she acted out of the best of motives lo hizo con la mejor intención his motive was greed actuó movido por la avaricia it's the profit motive that inspires people el afán de lucro es lo que mueve a la genteExample sentences
- There's an ulterior motive behind everything they do.
- When someone offers you help, must you seek out an ulterior motive behind the gesture?
- The key ethical and legal point is the intention - the motive behind the act.
- Then think about the grail motive as a background to the Bruckner Adagio.
- To cultivate this process, the student should become acquainted with the motive upon which the composition is based.
- This is the predominant trichord of most sets and functions as a signature motive.
- (before noun/delante del nombre) motor The feminine of motor is motriz or motora
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the