Translation of mountain in Spanish:
- 1 (Geography) the butter mountain (British English) [humorous]los excedentes de mantequillato make a mountain out of a molehill(before noun) (stream/path)
de la montaña(scenery)mountain rescue team
montañosoequipo (masculine) de rescate de montaña
- 2 (large quantity) [colloquial]montaña (feminine) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Gallacher attends his fair share of meetings and usually has a mountain of paperwork to get through at the end of the day.
- Never have I had such a mountain of paperwork to clear before Christmas.
- When I got into work there was a mountain of work to get through, loads of meeting requests and several problems to sort out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.