noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 [Cookery/Cocina] mousse (feminine) or (masculine), espuma (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (for hair) mousse (feminine), espuma (feminine)
More example sentences
- These are used as required, mixed with liquids and flavourings, to ‘set’ savoury aspic, desserts such as jelly and mousse, and stabilize commercially made ice cream and other foods.
- They have so much potential - a soufflé, cakes, crème brûlée, salmon mousse - or just a good, open omelette filled with seasonal vegetables.
- Bavarois is a kind of dessert like mousse, but made typically with custard in addition to cream, therefore turns out thick and rich.
- Achieve increased resilience and shape-holding power from setting lotions, mousses and hair sprays.
- The shelf in the bathroom was littered with tins of hair spray, styling mousse, shampoo and conditioner, blobs of each of which had been splurted onto every available surface.
- Yucca, quince seed, balsam and yarrow are often added to natural styling gels, mousse and hair sprays for their thickening and emulsifying qualities.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.