Translation of mover in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in debate) ponente (masculine and feminine)Example sentences1.2 (in dancing) [colloquial/familiar] he's/she's a clumsy mover tiene muy poco garbo the movers and shakers la plana mayor, los que mueven los hilos [colloquial/familiar]
Example sentences1.3 (of furniture, belongings) a firm of movers una compañía de mudanzas the movers are here ya han llegado los de la mudanza
- I also congratulate the mover and the seconder of this debate on their speeches and, in advance, congratulate all other speakers who will make their maiden speeches in the course of this debate.
- Matt Wrack, mover of the successful democratisation of the political fund resolution at the firefighters' FBU conference last year, has agreed to write a pamphlet on the issue for the alliance.
- When the annexation of Belgium was decreed on 1 October 1795 the mover of the proposal, Merlin de Douai, also recommended the annexation of the entire left bank of the Rhine.
- He has always been a very good-looking horse and a lovely mover.
- Hertford were the biggest movers of the top women's crew, moving from 4th in division to 11th in division.
- The ballet company has beautiful movers who perform the classics very well indeed, but I strongly recommend you see them dance in a different context too - they're really great!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to