Translation of mover in Spanish:
- 1 (in debate)Example sentences
- I also congratulate the mover and the seconder of this debate on their speeches and, in advance, congratulate all other speakers who will make their maiden speeches in the course of this debate.
- Matt Wrack, mover of the successful democratisation of the political fund resolution at the firefighters' FBU conference last year, has agreed to write a pamphlet on the issue for the alliance.
- When the annexation of Belgium was decreed on 1 October 1795 the mover of the proposal, Merlin de Douai, also recommended the annexation of the entire left bank of the Rhine.
- 2 (in dancing) [colloquial]he's/she's a clumsy movertiene muy poco garbothe movers and shakersla plana mayor
los que mueven los hilos [colloquial]Example sentences
- He has always been a very good-looking horse and a lovely mover.
- Hertford were the biggest movers of the top women's crew, moving from 4th in division to 11th in division.
- The ballet company has beautiful movers who perform the classics very well indeed, but I strongly recommend you see them dance in a different context too - they're really great!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.