Translation of muddy in Spanish:
adjective -dier, -diest
- (boots/hands/floor/road)lleno or cubierto de barro or de lodoenlodado(water)(green/brown)the river was muddyel río iba revueltolas aguas del río estaban turbiasExample sentences
- It was a rainy day in London; the muddy streets were covered with sheets of icy water when Emma and her companions arrived.
- As well as the debris scattered around the worktops, muddy footprints covered the whole kitchen.
- The ground was very muddy, but eventually they planted their crops and their animals began to reproduce.
- I think the blue wash that old ladies use looks bright white to them, whereas bright white looks like a dingy, muddy yellow.
- She is wearing gold loafers that seem oddly bright on the muddy blue carpet.
- The muddy yellows and dark reds are unfortunate hallmarks of DLP projectors.
transitive verb -dies, -dying, -died
- 1.1 (make muddy)(floor/carpet)you've muddied your shoesllenar or ensuciar de barro or de lodo1.2 (make unclear)te has manchado de barro or te has embarrado los zapatos(water)to muddy the issue→ water 1 3enredar or enmarañar las cosasExample sentences
- Here they provide pull-on boot covers, so you don't muddy the floor or have to unlace; a very good idea.
- It's a good idea to mulch each plant with an inch or so of aquarium gravel to keep soil from muddying the water.
- We snake on north, eventually forking off the perfect track for a short section that might muddy your boots after rain.
- I mean, rather than muddy your message along the way, is it better to go with what you know and then make corrections at a later date?
- Depending on your perspective, he either clarified or muddied the matter.
- Sometimes court battles muddy an issue more than clarifying it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.