Translation of muffle in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (deaden)(sound)he muffled his voice
amortiguarhabló tapándose or cubriéndose la boca con un pañuelo ( or con la mano etc)Example sentences1.2
- Fear becomes for her parents the permanent and muffled undertone of their life.
- Apart from elaborating the ongoing judicial usurpation on these issues, the conservative voice seems to have become muffled.
- Occasionally they would hear one of their loud, hooting cries echoing across the plain, muffled and distorted through the mist.
- At once, his body pressed me so hard into the seat that I couldn't move, his hands pinned my own down, and his lips covered mine, muffling me.
- She mouths to me, muffling the handset with her hand.
- That they were on muffled phone lines didn't help as Dunphy only twice became animated during his two-hour stint and that was when he had guests in the studio.
- 2her face was muffled (up) in a scarfuna bufanda casi le tapaba or le cubría la carallevaba la cara embozada en una bufanda [literary]mother muffled us (up) in warm clothesmamá nos abrigó bienExample sentences
- And so they came in Christmas, muffled up in furs and with mountains of luggage, and were pleasantly surprised.
- Partridge, however, does not recognize them, muffled up as they are at this time of night.
- They emerged from the darkness so muffled against the cold it was hard to tell if they were children or old, bent women.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.