- (American English) → mull overExample sentences
- That evening, in Downings, the team mulled things over, and finally Dan came up with a suggestion.
- Well, I sat through this entire trial except for a few weeks, and I think that the jury did an excellent job of evaluating the case and mulling it over.
- Autumn, with its cool evenings and time to sit with feet propped on a trusty hamper, is an excellent time to mull ideas and review notes.
- (Cookery)(wine/cider)mulled wine
calentar con azúcar y especias(ponche caliente de vino y especias)Example sentences
- We drank some beer, mulled some wine, ate some mince pies, and managed to repair several cigarettes.
- Eight people are huddled around the stove, drinking freshly mulled wine to keep out the chill.
- Saturday 20th December: I will be watching The Muppets' Christmas Carol and drinking mulled wine. It'll be all festive and everything.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.