- 1 (mother) (BrE) [colloquial/familiar], mamá (f) [familiar/colloquial]; (as form of address) mamáMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Whether you want to compete or simply collect mums, the National Chrysanthemum Society has 43 chapters across the country.
- Saint Mary's Church was decorated with pink and white mums.
- Autumn's butterflies - fritillaries and migrating monarchs - match the burnt-orange mums just beginning to bloom.
- Her comparison of older mothers to teenage mums and her call for government intervention is likely to prove highly controversial.
- Here we speak to a first-time mum, a mother of four and that other essential to baby-making, a father, about their experiences of life after childbirth.
- Like his mum - and her mother before her - Tom suffers from aura migraines.
- 2 (silence) [colloquial/familiar] mum's the word ¡punto en boca! [familiar/colloquial], ¡chitón! [familiar/colloquial] to keep mum no decir* ni pío [familiar/colloquial]
- 3 (chrysanthemum) (AmE) [colloquial/familiar], crisantemo (m)
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)