- (silent)to keep mumno decir ni pío [colloquial]Example sentences
- They kept their engagement and pregnancy mum for months.
- Well the most wonderful thing happened last night, but I have to be mum on the subject, so I can't say a word.
- However, his doctors are still remaining mum on his condition until the complete tests take place later this week.
- (chrysanthemum) (US) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Whether you want to compete or simply collect mums, the National Chrysanthemum Society has 43 chapters across the country.
- Saint Mary's Church was decorated with pink and white mums.
- Autumn's butterflies - fritillaries and migrating monarchs - match the burnt-orange mums just beginning to bloom.
- (British) [colloquial] (mother)mamá (feminine) [colloquial](as form of address)
- Her comparison of older mothers to teenage mums and her call for government intervention is likely to prove highly controversial.
- Here we speak to a first-time mum, a mother of four and that other essential to baby-making, a father, about their experiences of life after childbirth.
- Like his mum - and her mother before her - Tom suffers from aura migraines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.