Translation of murder in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (killing)(Law)to commit murder
homicidio (masculine)cometer un asesinato or un crimenthe murder of a policemanel asesinato de un policíato get away with murdershe lets them get away with murderles permite cualquier cosato scream bloody o (especially British English) blue murder murder charge
los deja hacer lo que les da la gana [colloquial]acusación (feminine) de asesinato or homicidiomurder squad (British English)brigada (feminine) de homicidiosmurder trialjuicio (masculine) por asesinatomurder victimvíctima (feminine) de asesinato or homicidiothe murder weaponel arma homicida or del crimenExample sentences
- What if all the cities in the US were wracked by a crime wave, with thousands of murders, kidnappings, burglaries, and carjackings in every major city every year?
- I got so tired of watching the news because of all the kidnappings and rapes and murders and theft that filled that channel and I wanted to help put an end to it.
- An epidemic of criminal activities, murders, revenge killings and gang turf battles has resulted.
- 1.1 (kill) if I catch that kid I'll murder him!¡como agarre a ese chico, lo mato!Example sentences1.2 (ruin)
- Judy thought about if someone had murdered the person who killed her family.
- But to this day they too will never know why a seemingly loving husband murdered his wife before killing himself.
- Within weeks, around 500,000 people were brutally murdered or killed in action, mostly by the Hutu army.
Example sentences1.3 (devour) [colloquial]I could really murder a beer
- But Portofino still lacked its very own song: one that could be murdered nightly in those dolce vita bars and restaurants.
- They'd have been better off giving it to the cook not to murder the cuisines of countries that have already suffered so much.
- The great outdoors murders a fine wine's bouquet and strong-tasting barbecue fare ruins the restrained, delicate flavours of expensive bottles.
¡qué no daría por una cerveza!
- I mean you wouldn't say, God I'm famished, I could murder a fruit juice.
- Sometimes I could murder a slab of chocolate but I don't.
- I am a cakey kind of person - squishy and sweet and sort of sickly after too much - and I could murder a brownie right about now…
¡con qué gusto me tomaría una cerveza!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.