Translation of murder in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (killing) asesinato (masculine); [Law/Derecho] homicidio (masculine) to commit murder cometer un asesinato or un crimen the murder of a policeman el asesinato de un policía to get away with murder she lets them get away with murder les permite cualquier cosa, los deja hacer lo que les da la gana [colloquial/familiar] to scream bloody o (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) blue murder poner* el grito en el cielo murder charge acusación (feminine) de asesinato or homicidio murder squad (British English/inglés británico) brigada (feminine) de homicidios murder trial juicio (masculine) por asesinato murder victim víctima (feminine) de asesinato or homicidio the murder weapon el arma homicida or del crimenExample sentences
- What if all the cities in the US were wracked by a crime wave, with thousands of murders, kidnappings, burglaries, and carjackings in every major city every year?
- I got so tired of watching the news because of all the kidnappings and rapes and murders and theft that filled that channel and I wanted to help put an end to it.
- An epidemic of criminal activities, murders, revenge killings and gang turf battles has resulted.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (something unpleasant) to be murder [colloquial/familiar] ser* la muerte [colloquial/familiar] the traffic was murder el tráfico era la muerte [colloquial/familiar], había un tráfico terrible it was murder in town with so many tourists la ciudad estaba imposible con tanto turista [colloquial/familiar]
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (kill) asesinar, matar if I catch that kid I'll murder him! ¡como agarre a ese chico, lo mato! 1.2 (ruin) [music/play] destrozar*, masacrar [humorous/humorístico] 1.3 (devour) [colloquial/familiar] I could really murder a beer ¡qué no daría por una cerveza!, ¡con qué gusto me tomaría una cerveza!
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas