Translation of murder in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable or countable (killing)(Law)to commit murder
homicidio (masculine)cometer un asesinato or un crimenthe murder of a policemanel asesinato de un policíato get away with murdershe lets them get away with murderles permite cualquier cosato scream bloody o (especially British English) blue murder murder charge
los deja hacer lo que les da la gana [colloquial]acusación (feminine) de asesinato or homicidiomurder squad (British English)brigada (feminine) de homicidiosmurder trialjuicio (masculine) por asesinatomurder victimvíctima (feminine) de asesinato or homicidiothe murder weaponel arma homicida or del crimenExample sentences
- What if all the cities in the US were wracked by a crime wave, with thousands of murders, kidnappings, burglaries, and carjackings in every major city every year?
- I got so tired of watching the news because of all the kidnappings and rapes and murders and theft that filled that channel and I wanted to help put an end to it.
- An epidemic of criminal activities, murders, revenge killings and gang turf battles has resulted.
- 1 (kill) if I catch that kid I'll murder him!¡como agarre a ese chico, lo mato!Example sentences
- Judy thought about if someone had murdered the person who killed her family.
- But to this day they too will never know why a seemingly loving husband murdered his wife before killing himself.
- Within weeks, around 500,000 people were brutally murdered or killed in action, mostly by the Hutu army.
- 2 (ruin)Example sentences
- But Portofino still lacked its very own song: one that could be murdered nightly in those dolce vita bars and restaurants.
- They'd have been better off giving it to the cook not to murder the cuisines of countries that have already suffered so much.
- The great outdoors murders a fine wine's bouquet and strong-tasting barbecue fare ruins the restrained, delicate flavours of expensive bottles.
- I mean you wouldn't say, God I'm famished, I could murder a fruit juice.
- Sometimes I could murder a slab of chocolate but I don't.
- I am a cakey kind of person - squishy and sweet and sort of sickly after too much - and I could murder a brownie right about now…
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.