Translation of murder in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable and countable (killing) to commit murderthe murder of a policemancometer un asesinato or un crimento get away with murdershe lets them get away with murderel asesinato de un policíato scream bloody o (especially British English) blue murder murder chargeles permite cualquier cosalos deja hacer lo que les da la gana [colloquial]murder squad (British English)acusación (feminine) de asesinato or homicidiomurder trialbrigada (feminine) de homicidiosmurder victimjuicio (masculine) por asesinatothe murder weaponvíctima (feminine) de asesinato or homicidioel arma homicida or del crimenExample sentences
- What if all the cities in the US were wracked by a crime wave, with thousands of murders, kidnappings, burglaries, and carjackings in every major city every year?
- I got so tired of watching the news because of all the kidnappings and rapes and murders and theft that filled that channel and I wanted to help put an end to it.
- An epidemic of criminal activities, murders, revenge killings and gang turf battles has resulted.
- 1.1 (kill) if I catch that kid I'll murder him!1.2 (ruin)¡como agarre a ese chico, lo mato!Example sentences
Example sentences1.3 (devour) [colloquial]I could really murder a beer
- But Portofino still lacked its very own song: one that could be murdered nightly in those dolce vita bars and restaurants.
- They'd have been better off giving it to the cook not to murder the cuisines of countries that have already suffered so much.
- The great outdoors murders a fine wine's bouquet and strong-tasting barbecue fare ruins the restrained, delicate flavours of expensive bottles.
¡qué no daría por una cerveza!¡con qué gusto me tomaría una cerveza!Example sentences
- I mean you wouldn't say, God I'm famished, I could murder a fruit juice.
- Sometimes I could murder a slab of chocolate but I don't.
- I am a cakey kind of person - squishy and sweet and sort of sickly after too much - and I could murder a brownie right about now…
- Judy thought about if someone had murdered the person who killed her family.
- But to this day they too will never know why a seemingly loving husband murdered his wife before killing himself.
- Within weeks, around 500,000 people were brutally murdered or killed in action, mostly by the Hutu army.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.