Translation of muscle in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u [Anatomy/Anatomía] músculo (masculine) feel this, it's all muscle toca, es todo músculo don't move a muscle! ¡no te muevas!, ¡no muevas ni un pelo! [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (power) fuerza (feminine), poder (masculine) efectivo they have no political muscle políticamente, no tienen influencia they showed their muscle demostraron su fuerza or el poder que realmente tienen
- The powerful venom acts on the victim's voluntary muscles, paralysing the muscles required for body movement and breathing.
- Make sure you get sufficient protein to protect not only your bones, but your muscles and other body tissues.
- Each time the calf and thigh muscles contract when walking, veins deep inside the leg are squeezed.
- We've power of muscle and brain, and where else is that combination useful?
- A matter of a difference in opinion should not be settled with muscle rather than the brain.
- But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo(American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas