Translation of muscle in Spanish:
- 1 countable or uncountable (Anatomy) feel this, it's all muscle don't move a muscle!¡no te muevas!¡no muevas ni un pelo! [colloquial]Example sentences
- The powerful venom acts on the victim's voluntary muscles, paralysing the muscles required for body movement and breathing.
- Make sure you get sufficient protein to protect not only your bones, but your muscles and other body tissues.
- Each time the calf and thigh muscles contract when walking, veins deep inside the leg are squeezed.
- 2 uncountable (power)fuerza (feminine)they have no political muscle they showed their muscle
poder (masculine) efectivodemostraron su fuerza or el poder que realmente tienenExample sentences
- We've power of muscle and brain, and where else is that combination useful?
- A matter of a difference in opinion should not be settled with muscle rather than the brain.
- But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn.
transitive verb(American English) [colloquial]
llevar a pulsoExample sentences
- His strength allows him to muscle shots even when he doesn't put the bat's sweet spot on the ball.
- A third-generation Marine, he lugged the same heavy pack, muscled the same kind of machine gun into his foxhole at night and took the same risks as any of the bigger men.
- The six-liter, 325-horsepower turbo diesel engine can muscle you up loose inclines and keep you in the passing lane.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.