- 1.1 (soft mass)Example sentences1.2(corn meal) mush (American English)
(harina de maíz cocida en leche)1.3 (sickly sentimentality) [colloquial]the movie is just mushla película es de una sensiblería empalagosaExample sentences
- The chips were fine, but the deep-fried tube of pink mush was not an experience to be quickly repeated.
- I snapped the hard outer crust and observed a softer kernel consisting of unidentifiable mush with what looked like carrots and bean skins protruding from it.
- The last of the summer's flowers are mush, all the leaves have fallen off the maple and my chrysanthemums are looking a sorry sight.
- And more importantly, he avoids turning all this into sentimental mush.
- The cards, covered in pastel colors and sentimental mush, were of the lovey-dovey variety.
- It's a sticky situation, alright: how do you make a funny, feel-good holiday movie that doesn't fall into the trap of turning into sentimental mush as soon as things start to get good?
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.