Translation of mushroom in Spanish:
- hongo (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , seta (feminine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) , callampa (feminine) (Chile) ; (rounded, white) champiñón (masculine) to spring up like mushrooms aparecer* or brotar como hongos or (Chile) como callampas mushroom soup (sopa (feminine)) crema (feminine) de champiñonesExample sentences
- Fifty years on and technology seems to have leapt on by generations as you see the mushroom shaped cloud of the first nuclear test bomb rising high above the New Mexico desert.
- I could see black mushrooms of smoke where the shells exploded.
- Two mushrooms of smoke rose in the sky, about five hundred meters away, and melded together.
- Mine was painted a kind of pale mushroom colour, with a burgundy couch.
- Natural colours - pebble, mushroom and lilac - soften the industrial core and contrast well with the metal staircase that links the gallery floors.
- The decor is trendy and minimalist, with a lot of cream and mushroom shades used, giving it an appearance that is somewhat similar to another nearby wine bar.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (grow, increase rapidly) [town/population/business] crecer* rápidamente; [companies/buildings/newspapers] aparecer* or brotar como hongos or (Chile) como callampas, multiplicarse* it has mushroomed into a multimillion-dollar business se ha convertido de la noche a la mañana en un negocio multimillonario a mushrooming population/city una población/ciudad que crece desenfrenadamente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.