Translation of mushroom in Spanish:
- hongo (masculine) (esp Latin America)
seta (feminine) (esp Spain)
callampa (feminine) (Chile)(rounded, white) champiñón (masculine)to spring up like mushroomsaparecer or brotar como hongosaparecer or brotar como callampas (Chile)mushroom soupsopa (feminine) crema de champiñones
crema (feminine) de champiñonesExample sentences
- Fifty years on and technology seems to have leapt on by generations as you see the mushroom shaped cloud of the first nuclear test bomb rising high above the New Mexico desert.
- I could see black mushrooms of smoke where the shells exploded.
- Two mushrooms of smoke rose in the sky, about five hundred meters away, and melded together.
- Mine was painted a kind of pale mushroom colour, with a burgundy couch.
- Natural colours - pebble, mushroom and lilac - soften the industrial core and contrast well with the metal staircase that links the gallery floors.
- The decor is trendy and minimalist, with a lot of cream and mushroom shades used, giving it an appearance that is somewhat similar to another nearby wine bar.
- 1 (grow, increase rapidly)(town/population/business)
crecer rápidamente(companies/buildings/newspapers)it has mushroomed into a multimillion-dollar business
aparecer or brotar como hongos
aparecer or brotar como callampas (Chile)
multiplicarsese ha convertido de la noche a la mañana en un negocio multimillonarioa mushrooming population/cityuna población/ciudad que crece desenfrenadamenteExample sentences
- As the number of golf courses mushrooms, concerns have arisen about the development of young golfers who will bring popularity to the game.
- Starting from Florence, these protests rapidly mushroomed over the entire country.
- The federal prison population has mushroomed since the 1980s when stiff mandatory sentences were introduced for federal offenses, especially drug crimes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.