- hongo (m) (esp AmL) , seta (f) (esp Esp) , callampa (f) (Chi) ; (rounded, white) champiñón (m) to spring up like mushrooms aparecer* or brotar como hongos or (Chi) como callampas (before n) mushroom cloud hongo (m) atómico or nuclear mushroom growth crecimiento (m) vertiginoso mushroom soup (sopa (f)) crema (f) de champiñonesMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Fifty years on and technology seems to have leapt on by generations as you see the mushroom shaped cloud of the first nuclear test bomb rising high above the New Mexico desert.
- I could see black mushrooms of smoke where the shells exploded.
- Two mushrooms of smoke rose in the sky, about five hundred meters away, and melded together.
- Mine was painted a kind of pale mushroom colour, with a burgundy couch.
- Natural colours - pebble, mushroom and lilac - soften the industrial core and contrast well with the metal staircase that links the gallery floors.
- The decor is trendy and minimalist, with a lot of cream and mushroom shades used, giving it an appearance that is somewhat similar to another nearby wine bar.
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.
- 1 (form, increase rapidly) [town/population/business] crecer* rápidamente; [companies/buildings/newspapers] aparecer* or brotar como hongos or (Chi) como callampas, multiplicarse* it has mushroomed into a multimillion-dollar business se ha convertido de la noche a la mañana en un negocio multimillonario a mushrooming population/city una población/ciudad que crece desenfrenadamenteMore example sentences
- As the number of golf courses mushrooms, concerns have arisen about the development of young golfers who will bring popularity to the game.
- Starting from Florence, these protests rapidly mushroomed over the entire country.
- The federal prison population has mushroomed since the 1980s when stiff mandatory sentences were introduced for federal offenses, especially drug crimes.
- 2 [Mil] [Nucl Phys] formar un hongoMore example sentences
- The recovered bullet had stayed together and mushroomed to a full inch - the only .45 slug I've ever seen expand that much in living flesh and bone.
- At that range, the bullets would barely have had time to mushroom before punching straight through him, dermal weave or not.
- When a hollow point bullet hits a bullet proof vest, it mushrooms and will not go through the vest.