Translation of mushroom in Spanish:
- hongo (masculine) (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) , seta (feminine) (especially Spain/especialmente España) , callampa (feminine) (Chile) ; (rounded, white) champiñón (masculine) to spring up like mushrooms aparecer* or brotar como hongos or (Chile) como callampas mushroom soup (sopa (feminine)) crema (feminine) de champiñonesExample sentences
- Fifty years on and technology seems to have leapt on by generations as you see the mushroom shaped cloud of the first nuclear test bomb rising high above the New Mexico desert.
- I could see black mushrooms of smoke where the shells exploded.
- Two mushrooms of smoke rose in the sky, about five hundred meters away, and melded together.
- Mine was painted a kind of pale mushroom colour, with a burgundy couch.
- Natural colours - pebble, mushroom and lilac - soften the industrial core and contrast well with the metal staircase that links the gallery floors.
- The decor is trendy and minimalist, with a lot of cream and mushroom shades used, giving it an appearance that is somewhat similar to another nearby wine bar.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (grow, increase rapidly) [town/population/business] crecer* rápidamente; [companies/buildings/newspapers] aparecer* or brotar como hongos or (Chile) como callampas, multiplicarse* it has mushroomed into a multimillion-dollar business se ha convertido de la noche a la mañana en un negocio multimillonario a mushrooming population/city una población/ciudad que crece desenfrenadamente
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.