Translation of music hall in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (entertainment)music hall (masculine)
≈ revista (feminine) de variedadesExample sentences
- Its image became ever more widespread: postcards, advertisements and music-hall comedy routines and songs all played on the ‘bathing beauty’, and on its obverse, the obese, grotesque older woman.
- His humour was closely related to that of music-hall comedy acts (which he enjoyed seeing) and he said that the jokes for his postcards always came before the drawings.
- It's very exciting to have songs, and music-hall elements, and drama and satire, a whole different bunch of concerns, slammed together in a way that actually makes quite a lot of sense.
- 2 countable (building)Example sentences
- While a coup d'état storms the streets, two Russian actors try to make an entertaining performance in a music hall theatre.
- Close to the present hotel, other more dignified entertainment was not lacking; there were several theatres or music halls in the neighbourhood - such as the famous one on Fishamble Street and Smock Alley.
- The air raid protection department of the Home Office has announced that should war break out, all theatres, music halls and other places of public entertainment will be closed.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.