Translation of mustard in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Cookery) to be as keen as mustard (British English) [colloquial]estar lleno de entusiasmoto cut the mustard [colloquial]estar a la altura de las circunstanciasExample sentences1.2 (plant)
Example sentences1.3 uncountable (color)
- Add the mustard, soy sauce, and chopped parsley and simmer for one minute.
- Mix half the olive oil with the mustard, honey and soy sauce, and smear all over the steaks.
- Limit condiments, such as mustard, ketchup, pickles and sauces with salt-filled ingredients.
- So far they have planted lettuce, cabbage, mustard, beetroot and pawpaw trees.
- The only vegetables to avoid are any of the cole crops, such as cabbage, mustard or broccoli.
- Soon he had bought a book, planted annuals and discovered a beautiful spot for growing mustard and cress and radishes.
(color) mostaza invariable adjectiveExample sentences
- There is plenty of heavy bridal and occasion wear in bright fuchsias and shaded hues of mustard and magenta, aqua and greens and traditional kumkum red.
- Colours like orange, mustard and red, which are in fashion these days, dominate.
- And drunkards must always appear in mustard and purple (though strangely some of the people paying for the pictures are depicted in mustard and purple).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.