Translation of mutate in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] mutarExample sentences1.2 (change) [formal] sufrir una transformación/transformaciones 1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] mutar, transformarse
- This gene, when mutated, severely disrupts both germ cell migration and developmental cell death.
- Only 15 of these genes were previously known to cause a toxin phenotype when mutated.
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- The pigeon let out one long coo, and then, as its body began to swell and transform, the sound mutated into a low chuckle.
- But now the perennial moaning about diving has mutated into a full-blown campaign to stamp out this malevolent practice.
- We had our reunion yesterday, attended by 11 of us which is a good turn out, and the day trip to France has now mutated into a weekend in Paris!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.