- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] mutarMore example sentences1.2 (change) [formal] sufrir una transformación/transformaciones 1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] mutar, transformarse
More example sentences
- This gene, when mutated, severely disrupts both germ cell migration and developmental cell death.
- Only 15 of these genes were previously known to cause a toxin phenotype when mutated.
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- The pigeon let out one long coo, and then, as its body began to swell and transform, the sound mutated into a low chuckle.
- But now the perennial moaning about diving has mutated into a full-blown campaign to stamp out this malevolent practice.
- We had our reunion yesterday, attended by 11 of us which is a good turn out, and the day trip to France has now mutated into a weekend in Paris!
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Senado is the name of the upper chamber of the Spanish Cortes Generales, and the place where it meets. There are 250 senators, most of whom are elected every four years, at general elections, four from each province. A small number of senators are also elected by the autonomous governments.