Translation of mutate in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 [Biology/Biología] mutarExample sentences1.2 (change) [formal] sufrir una transformación/transformaciones 1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] mutar, transformarse
- This gene, when mutated, severely disrupts both germ cell migration and developmental cell death.
- Only 15 of these genes were previously known to cause a toxin phenotype when mutated.
- If a gene on the Y chromosome mutates, that piece of the male genetic code may disappear.
- The pigeon let out one long coo, and then, as its body began to swell and transform, the sound mutated into a low chuckle.
- But now the perennial moaning about diving has mutated into a full-blown campaign to stamp out this malevolent practice.
- We had our reunion yesterday, attended by 11 of us which is a good turn out, and the day trip to France has now mutated into a weekend in Paris!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a